I’ve finally managed to catch up to week #7 of the Working On Us mental health prompt created by Beckie’s Mental Mess! This is more of a triggering prompt, so if you’re sensitive to subjects around suicide/suicidal ideation, please don’t read this post.
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
- You can do one or all prompts.
- You have from July 17th. through to July 23rd to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post.
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your feelings a validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site!
Week #7 (Delicate Topic) – Suicide Ideation
Prompt #1 Questions
- Have you ever experienced suicidal thoughts?
Yes, suicidal thoughts are something I’ve suffered on and off with since I was as young as 7 years old, unfortunately.
- Have you ever attempted suicide?
Yes, several times.
- Were you ever hospitalized for a suicidal attempt and/or ideation?
General hospital, yes. Psychiatric hospital, no.
- When you were hospitalized, what was your experience like?
I felt uncomfortable and scared. I felt guilty for taking up a hospital bed someone else needed.
- Do you ever feel suicidal ideation since your release?
Yes, regularly. I don’t feel I’ve received the help I need, to be honest.
Prompt #2 Picture
I think this picture aims to symbolise how we don’t see how much people care for us until we are gone. However, I see it more as us giving someone the love and support we needed when we were alive. People don’t tend to care until it’s too late.