I’m super late with this mental health prompt created by Beckie’s Mental Mess.. but better late than never, right?! So, here goes!
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
- You can do one or all prompts.
- You have from July 3rd. through to July 9th to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post.
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your feelings a validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site!
Week #5 Prompts:
(Note this week’s suggestion came from Sophienaylor1 of “Girl vs. World” brought up eating disorders which by all means is a subject worth bringing more attention to. However, I’m going to break this into (2) separate questions for Prompt #1).
Prompt #1 (Questions)
Question #1 If an eating disorder isn’t about food or weight, what is it all about? And, what has it done to you personally?
To me, an eating disorder can be about different things depending on the person suffering. It’s important to note that everyone’s eating disorder is different, and some are about food and weight. For me, my eating disorder stemmed from a lack of control in my life. I found solace in controlling my calories/food intake and the number on the scale. It’s also a way of showing on the outside how much we are hurting on the inside. Personally, it has ruined my life. Completely. I hope I can come back from it eventually.
Question #2 What is the most difficult thing to handle with your disorder? (This applies to everyone).
For me, I’d say it’s people discussing weight and food around me. I can’t be selfish and tell them not to speak about weight loss/gain/diets around me as it’s not fair to ask them to walk on egg shells around me, but it can be extremely difficult to listen to.
Thank you so much for reading and go check out Beckie’s blog as she has some great posts over there! 🙂
Lots of love,